At this time of year, a warm and cosy down duvet is especially important for me. Down is an impressive natural product with a whole host of advantages. For me, the most important of these are:
- Chinese researchers have discovered that geese and ducks can survive in temperatures of minus 110° C without becoming ill. Polar bears, on the other hand, can’t survive below minus 80° C.
- Down provides optimum insulation but also allows air to circulate, which makes down duvets particularly comfortable to sleep with.
- A down cluster has the highest warmth to weight ratio of any insulator and only weighs 0.001 – 0.002 grams.
- Down is also good for those with dust mite allergies. The mites can’t settle in the down, especially if it is well aired regularly. And normally, a good down duvet has a densely interwoven covering material which also repels mites.
- Down is ecological and a naturally sustainable raw material which is particularly environmentally friendly to harvest and process. It is also completely biodegradable.
Isn’t that impressive? Here’s wishing you a wonderfully warm and relaxing night’s sleep with our down duvets!